New College Worcester (NCW), Whittington Road, Worcester, WR5 2JX
This one day workshop will be a practical introduction of how to support students with a visual impairment in mainstream classes. One of the optional sessions in the afternoon will focus on preparing students for external examinations; the other sessions will be on independent living skills and Braille.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the impact of visual impairment on learning
- Options for materials adaptation
- Effective strategies for working with students and teachers
- Low vision aids OR Introduction to Braille
- Preparing students for exams
Who should attend?
Teaching Assistants who have recently started to work with students with a visual impairment in a mainstream school.
£50 per delegate including lunch and refreshments. This event is free for parents who have a child with a visual impairment.
This course will run on Tuesday 3rd October 2017
The day will run from 10am to 3.15pm.
A date needs to be selected before you can book. Click here to view the list of events and choose the one you wish to book.